Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paris, Food and January



Recently returned from a business trip in Paris and thought I'd share a few pictures of my culinary adventures! My mom and dad watched the "girls" which allowed me time to work and eat in this magical city. I ate far more than the pics show -- TRUST ME! Buttery, flakey croissants were in abundance....mmmm! From a business standpoint it was very successful and from a personal standpoint...well....it's PARIS!! I've always loved the colors of this beautiful city.





A favorite restaurant in the 5th Arrondissmont, near the River Seine. Our owner/waiter was a hoot, but you gotta love the "level" kitchen and stove! These would never pass building code inspections in the States! But man did this small uneven kitchen produce some AMAZING bistro fare!


Their cellar, which housed all the potatoes, etc, is similar to Midwest basements, only accessing their area below is via a narrow area of stairs in the floor. Reminds me of the basement at the Arias home on Osborne. {REMEMBER THAT LAUNDRY SHOOT? what a blast it was to a child!}


For a non-meater, it's still appealing to me how artfully they hang their meat EVERYWHERE!



Of course, what good meal would be complete without French Wine! I wonder if the Custom's Officer would allow one of these large beauties....


BURP!

No comments: