Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Special Friends


A dear friend, Tina, blessed me with the most special gift during a recent visit out from Arizona.

Tina and I met about 20 years ago when she managed a gift shop/photo processing in the building I worked. Back in the day when photographs were developed by sending in your rolls and waiting 7 days, Tina became intrigued with my Chicago/Indiana photos after visits home. We developed an immediate close friendship having spent hours laughing over my being from the "can I go with" Midwest and she being a "totally" CA native! Tina is one of those people who laughs at laughing. She's radiates humor and heart.

When my parents still lived in Dyer, Tina's family opened up their hearts and homes and included me in every holiday and family gathering when I couldn't get back home. My parents soon became close with her parents. She now has a unbelievably wonderful husband, Bill, and precious daughter, Emori and laugh and live in the Phoenix areai.

My parents and I are touched over this truly special gift!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Kathy,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I can only imagine how you must be aching.

I have really enjoyed the time I spent with your mom and dad. They are special people and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
They don't make dad's like that everyday. You sure were fortunate to have such a great one. He belongs in a category all his own.


My prayers are with you and your mom.

Love always,

Bonnie Margulies