Monday, September 21, 2009

September Blessings


Dad was taken to ER today and admitted to the hospital earlier this evening. Many tests being conducted to tackle where the source of the latest problems are stemming. He hasn't been able to keep food or liquids down for several days, thus he's hooked up to an IV to counteract the dehydration. His blood pressure is extremely low and he is having a difficult time getting warm, but soon he'll have more blankets piled on.

His ammonia levels are very high due to the iron that's being removed from his blood through the portable pump (the pump is administered by my mom every other day for 12 hour periods). This amounts to a host of other issues, but his spirits are decent.

We've been blessed in that he hasn't been in really pain this entire time. Unfortunately today is different so we're anxious for the test results to return so they can properly treat the pain (they are unable to do so until they know what is what).

My mom has been at the ER with him for a good nine hours and it's nice for him to see her when he wakes up from naps. I know he appreciates this, and Lord knows I feel blessed she is such an incredibly strong caregiver.

Extra special prayers tonight and this week are appreciated. We are counting our September blessings. Love to all....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all continue to be in our thoughts & prayers! Stay strong Uncle Phil!! Cory, Delaney & I love
you!!

Daniel Munoz said...

Mrs. Delgado, Kathy and family I am sorry for your loss, I lost my father (2) years ago and know how painful the loss of a loved one can be. Although I never had a chance to meet your dad Kathy I can see that your dad was truly loved by family and friends and what a great gift to have in life. I feel honored to know his wonderful daughter and want you to know if you need anything im here for you. God Bless you and your Family!!

With Love - Daniel Munoz

Vincent Stefanelli said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I remember Mr. Delgado as being a very nice man, and a great UPS driver! He always brought me my baseball and football cards on time. He was very friendly and nice to my whole family

Vince Stefanelli

Anonymous said...

I know it's been so very long since last we met, but I am so touched by this blog and the pictures you have kept for everyone Kath. I have only good memories, and wish that for you and your mom. I look forward to the Indiana memorial, just not the circumstances. Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal. I believe that..hope the same for both of you and the family...trust and faith...love sally and family