Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Family of Tailors


Dad tells me this pic is of him and Aunt Josie, during one of his many visits to San Francisco.

The chic suit she is wearing was CREATED BY HER,,,,with no pattern! She asked my dad to help give it a lining so he took the suit back to the army base and created a lining. What you see in the pic is the finished product of their talented hands. My mom tells me Aunt Josie would often make suits by trying them on and pinning in place then sewing where she pinned, then back on again and pining and sewing and so on until she had a perfectly tailored ensemble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...okay, now we know where the creative gene comes from...from ALL of you!!!

I know it takes a lot to share such a lot.
But it's a great gift to us all.

Thank you.
Natalie.