Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Many Talents Abound


As anyone who knows him, my dad is filled with tremendous talents....
....he can build just about anything from wood....

....knows how to mix fish emulsion and a host of other special fertilizer concoctions for all his trees, plants, flowers and cuttings....

I so fondly remember how he took a simple wood shed and turned it into his own special creation!



An amazing, talented tailor, which he perfected in his Army days...


But the biggest talent he offers, is that of FATHER...he offered a child the chance to be with a loving, caring, and incredibly giving father anyone could ever dream of....
His strength, wisdom and unselfish hands forever on my shoulders.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I just can't get over this family.
Not for their love.
Not for their compassion.
Not for their strength.

But that they don't look any different today than they did twenty, thirty, or more years ago!!!
Good genes. Good jeans.

Just plain GOOD.

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Well Phil, we go back a very long way, all the good times and all the bad times that we shared, it is something to laugh about.
What I remember most was that you were a Mr. Fix-it guy, even at that age.
I remember the house on Van Buren, which I thought was a palace at the time.
Most of the electrical in the bedrooms did not work. You were the closest thing we had to a handy man, none of my brothers were very handy, as hard as they tried, they would end up just giving up.
One of the very first jobs you did that I remember was to fix the electrical in one of the bedrooms. The overhead was a pull chain light that didn't work. You went out and bought some conduit, another light, a wall switch and who knows what else.
I don't remember how long it took you, I do remember that the conduit was nailed to the wall as it ran up to the ceiling, it was also nailed to the ceiling along with the electrical box. It looked like hell, but who cared, it worked. A switch on the wall that worked an overhead light, that was magic. I thought you were a genius. I was amazed and so proud. I thought you were the greatest then, and now I know you're the greatest!

Love and hugs from Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

kathy you still look the same! It's so bizarre how your face never changed!

Anonymous said...

Sue, don't forget that the drywall was cut and left exposed when Phil made the electrical connection. it was a sight to behold. Indeed!!!!