Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inspiring Words


  {Moms' 60th party:Dec 29, 2001}

Dad is home and for that we are all grateful. He is in obvious pain but they did give him a small dosage of pain meds even though it's not the best for his liver. He takes it only when he absolutely feels he has to, which thus far is has been per the recommended dosage. His feet are pretty swollen but he gets to sleep in his own bed. God answers prayers and my mother and I both said tonight we know his being home has EVERYTHING to do with all the prayers you shared with us.

He needs to sleep A LOT so please by all means call him, but understand there's a good chance he's taking a nap when you do!

Thank you also for contributing to what will be a special card book. My mom and I have been taken aback at how beautifully written and heartfelt....such inspiring words for such a wonderful man. I'm slowly going through photos to find ones of everyone who touched his life. If you weren't aware, he was a PASSIONATE AMATEUR PHOTOG throughout my younger years. From my earliest memories as a toddler, he was never without a camera. Needless to say there are boxes and boxes and drawers and files and books of pictures and slides and negatives! I promise to find some of everyone as I know there are tons of the DAVIDS, ARIAS', KLUGA's, MARTINEZ's, RAMOS', DELGADO's, and SOTO's and so many others!!!

Some comments had my mom and me laughing out loud:
Donna: How you remembered the sled story is beyond me. He is going to laugh his heart out just as I did!
Jeff: The Vega comment...well, let's just say. I can't believe that car name rears its ugly head and is still haunting me in my 40's!! hahaha Thanks to you I now also remember where I get my appreciation for fart jokes, fart noises, fart anything...
Gregg: So beautifully written and laughed out loud envisioning you being invited into the tool sanctuary with no place to set a cup of coffee least of all a butt.

{Gregg & Chrissy with Dad & Mom; NYC 2005}

Dobbs: What a perfect recount of what is truly my dad's idea of a perfect morning! Ironically just found this photo 2 days ago...

{Dad, Corey & Delaney}
Julia: This made me laugh...he DOES have the best legs, doesn't he??? We've always thought this but thought we were simply biased!

{Proud owner in his Northgate (Dyer) yard!}

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing daughter! This site was born from love and a testament of who this man is and what love can raise....I am so proud of who you Kathleen Marie Delgado I am ready to burst.
Thru all this madness comes the strength of your soul.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I love the pictures. Most I've never seen. The one of your parents dancing just causes a smile to slowly form until I'm actually laughing.

Anonymous said...

Many prayers and blessings to your father. We met him about 10 years ago at your cousin Donna's house. I was the girl with the black Lincoln sitting in her driveway. When your parents pulled up & saw the car with the vanity plate "S Arias", they walked in saying did "Joe and Sue get a new car?" It was a very funny moment. (:O). God bless your mom and your family.

Anonymous said...

To my sister and my
other daughter Kathy,

The loves of a very special man “Our Uncle Phil”.
Who I hold very dear in my heart.

God said, when I made the woman, she had to be special.
I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of their world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.
God said, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she Wears,
the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes because
that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

Special thoughts with love, hugs and kisses
from Aunt Sue

Kathy said...

Mom: your words made me cry. It is from you that I have learned the definition of strength...

Aunt Sue: I am bawling...such beautiful words.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by all these amazing people here who have left such kind and beautiful sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Dear Phyllis, Kathy,

Wow, what a site!

Phyllis, I know somewhat first hand what it is to being a caretaker, through my own doing (though not as extensive) and that of my mother-in-law. I just wanted for all these wonderful people, your family and friends, to know how much I appreciate your taking care of my brother. Yes, naturally, he’s your husband, best friend and lover. But, I wanted to personally thank you both for all you are doing.

Kathy, I don’t have a daughter but if I did I would hope that I could bring her up as beautiful a person as you are. With a daughter like this …….who could go wrong!

Also, I'm downloading any and all pictures, I hope you don't mind as I don't have many of Phil.

Carol,Joe and J.J.

Anonymous said...

Mom Delgado and Deli,

I just remembered that several years ago Dad Delgado gave me a little wooden bear that he made, and it had movable arms and legs. If you can believe it, I still have it, although it's missing a leg! (it kept falling off even when I was a kid.) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving together, and my parents send their love to you all, as well as my own family (Bob, Christie & Shawn..who still refer to Deli as "Aunt Kathy")