Friday, November 14, 2008

Healing Magic of Animals


. Dad is scared and we want to keep it positive and as peaceful for him right now so please keep it upbeat when talking to him.

The hospital advocate, Marie, was telling mom today that she is there for them and that mom can call her anytime, etc, etc. What a wonderful person we have found in her! My heart broke as my mom said Marie was going through all the things that my dad can't have....and then she added "But Phyllis, if it's not salt or potassium or alcohol derived and he really wants it, give it to him. Let him enjoy what he can at this stage.... Let him enjoy."

My dad really loves the dogs so much and it's crazy how much they love him. Both Biscuit and Coco go CRAZY in the car as we approach their house...as soon as I take the turn on their off ramp from the freeway!! They bark and lick him and go nuts when he walks into the room ....it's all so sweet. Anyone who knows him knows how much HE LOVES animals....a raw, unconditional and crazy love.
I plan to have the dogs visit dad everyday, if only for a little bit. I really do believe in the magical healing power of touching a beloved animal. I see my dad light up when they are around

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...animals always know what just the right thing is to do...
...if I could, I'd come by and bark and bark and bark, and wag my tail, and lick you all....

...instead, I'll just send love via email...
natalie.